The 2023 Service to the Citizen: Champions of Change Award recipients were recently announced, and two teams that champion Connected Care services and technologies are among the winners.
Manchester VAMC’s TeleAudiology Clinics at Conway CBOC and Tilton CBOC
- Dr. Nicole Carbone, Audiologist, Manchester VAMC
- Jane Michaud, Advanced Telehealth Clinical Technician, Tilton CBOC
- Jodi Witt, LPN Telehealth Clinical Technician, Conway CBOC
- Sheri Lamoureux, Telehealth Clinical Technician, Tilton CBOC
VISN 23 Clinical Resource Hub’s Virtual Medical Retina Clinic
- Patricia Stepp, M.D., Director, Technology-based Eye Care Service
- Deborah Keenum, M.D., Assistant, Technology-based Eye Care Service
- Akshar Abbott, M.D., Staff Ophthalmologist
- Stephanie Weiss, D.O., Retina Subspecialty Lead
- Denise Waschick, Program Analyst
Since 2018, the Service to the Citizen award program has recognized public servants at all levels who demonstrate excellence in their delivery of services that impact the public’s lives. More than 300 individuals and teams across the federal government, including 35 VA staff members, were chosen for this year’s award.
Congratulations to these teams, and to all of VA’s award winners, for their outstanding service and dedication to Veterans. The official award ceremony honoring recipients will be held at The Mayflower in Washington, D.C., on September 15, 2023.