Accessing VA telehealth can be difficult for Veterans living in rural areas with limited broadband connectivity or for those who don’t own devices. That’s why VA is working hard to forge partnerships and develop programs that bridge this digital divide. Now there’s a handout for Veterans that explains the many options available for gaining access to internet connectivity, mobile devices, and more.
The two-page fact sheet offers details about the following programs:
- Digital Divide Consult with a VA social worker
- VA-loaned internet-connected devices
- Accessing Telehealth through Local Area Stations (ATLAS)
- Free mobile data connectivity for VA Video Connect
- FCC’s Lifeline internet and phone service discounts
- Microsoft’s broadband and digital skills classes in rural areas