Veterans at 100 VA Medical Centers across the country can now use an app to schedule and manage their VA appointments. The Veteran Appointment Request (VAR) App is a web application that is accessible via smartphones, tablets and desktops with an internet connection.
What does VAR do?
With VAR, Veterans can:
- Self-schedule primary care appointments; additional types of appointments will be available through VAR in the future
- Request assistance in booking both primary care and mental health appointments
- Track upcoming appointments, whether requested through the app or a VA scheduler
- View details of upcoming appointments, such as date, time, clinic, care team and reason for visit
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Receive appointment notifications
- Cancel most appointments
Visit the VA App Store to view a list of VA facilities using VAR and for more information.